Saturday 12 February 2022

A 2021 Summary

2021 carried on in a manner similar to 2020.  Pandemic lockdowns and travel restrictions lessened opportunities for time on the hills with some days out feeling almost subversive.

At the start of 2021 I had 280 summits on my rather eclectic ticklist of ticklists with TRAIL 100 and Nuttall summits making up the bulk of desired tops.  2021 was very quiet from a point of view of additions to my list with no “new” summits being discovered.

Overall I :

            went on             9                                  walks
            walked              94.6                              miles
            ascended          23,192                          feet
            walked for         61 hrs 29 mins            (including rest stops !)
            reached            29                                 individual summits that I hadn’t been to before
            reached            0                                   individual summits that I had been to before
            reached            25                                 summits on my combined ticklist
            reached            1                                   previously unclimbed TRAIL 100 summits
            reached            20                                 previously unclimbed Nuttall summits
            drove                1942                             miles on trips to and from walks


The vast majority of this year’s walking occurred on the Pennines and Cheviots resulting in a significant increase of my expertise of traversing rolling peat moorland .  I completed the English TRAIL 100 summits on The Cheviot.

All of this meant that at the end of 2021, my ongoing ticklist dropped to 255 summits.

No comments:

Post a Comment