Thursday 30 April 2020

A 2019 Summary

At the start of 2019 I had 441 summits on my combined ticklist of TRAIL 100, Nuttall, WASHIS, Simpson, Dawson, Dewey, Moss, Wright, Bridge and Buxton & Lewis summits.

The year was another in which ambition exceeded activity, although the start of the year showed some promise.  After April, no targeted summits were ticked and only a few “boots on” days happened after then.

Overall I :
            went on             9                                  walks
            walked              68.9                              miles
            ascended          17,890                          feet
            walked for         44 hrs 24 mins            (including rest stops !)
            reached            20                                 individual summits that I hadn’t been to before
            reached            6                                   individual summits that I had been to before
            reached            15                                 summits on my combined ticklist
            reached            1                                   previously unclimbed TRAIL 100 summits
            reached            5                                   previously unclimbed Nuttall summits
            drove                2195                             miles on trips to and from walks

I’ve detailed this in previous blogs but this year saw the removal of the Moss, Simpson and Wright summits from my ticklist.  This resulted in a list with 146 fewer summits!

The most significant or memorable walks included Pendle Hill, a traverse of the Howgills, Arenig Fach and Sàil Mhòr in Scotland.

All of this meant that after removals and my walks, my ongoing ticklist decreased from 441 to 280 summits.

No comments:

Post a Comment